These are some of the studies and documentation we have used in order create our ebooks and weight loss tips.
- Overweight and obesity. Nutrition Care Manual. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. http://www.nutritioncaremanual.org. Accessed June 2, 2014.
- Ajala O, et al. Systematic review and meta-analysis of different dietary approaches to the management of type 2 diabetes. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2013;97:505.
- Esfahani A, et al. The application of the glycemic index and glycemic load in weight loss: A review of the clinical evidence. IUBMB Life. 2011;63:7.
- Livesey G, et al. Glycemic response and health — A systematic review and meta-analysis: Relations between dietary glycemic properties and health outcomes. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2008;87:258S.
- Kristo AS, et al. Effect of diets differing in glycemic index and glycemic load on cardiovascular risk factors: Review of randomized controlled-feeding trials. Nutrients. 2013;5:1071.
- Hensrud DD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 30, 2014.
- Venn BJ, et al. Glycemic index and glycemic load: Measurement issues and their effect on diet-disease relationships. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2007;61 Suppl 1:S122.
- Simin L, et al. Dietary carbohydrates. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 30, 2014.
- Atkinson FS, et al. International tables of glycemic index and glycemic load values: 2008. Diabetes Care. 2008;
- Glycemic index and diabetes. American Diabetes Association. http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/understanding-carbohydrates/glycemic-index-and-diabetes.html. Accessed May 30, 2014.
- Bornet FR, et al. Glycaemic response to foods: Impact on satiety and long-term weight regulation. Appetite. 2007;
- Tight diabetes control. American Diabetes Association. http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/tight-diabetes-control.html. Accessed June 10, 2014.
- Fleming P, et al. Low-glycaemic index diets in the management of blood lipids: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Family Practice. 2013;.
- Goff LM, et al. Low glycaemic index diets and blood lipids: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases. 2013;
- Karl JP, et al. Effect of glycemic load on eating behavior self-efficacy during weight loss. Appetite. 2014;
- Dietary guidelines for Americans, 2010. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.dietaryguidelines.gov. Accessed May 30, 2014.
Jönsson T, Granfeldt Y, Ahrén B, Branell UC, Pålsson G, Hansson A, Söderström M, Lindeberg S. Beneficial effects of a Paleolithic diet on cardiovascular risk factors in type 2 diabetes: a randomized cross-over pilot study. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2009;
Eaton SB, Cordain L, Lindeberg S. Evolutionary health promotion: a consideration of common counterarguments. Prev Med. 2002;34(2):119–123. Accessed Ocotber 30, 2009.
O’Dea K, Spargo RM, Akerman K. The effect of transition from traditional to urban life-style on the insulin secretory response in Australian Aborigines. Diabetes Care. 1980;
O’Dea K. Marked improvement in carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in diabetic Australian aborigines after temporary reversion to traditional lifestyle. Diabetes. 1984
*It’s important to note, specific results are not typical and are NOT guaranteed. So the sweet thing is, your results may vary, because every woman is unique, of course. Especially when we consider how many different female “body-types” there are..